Meetings on the 3rd Monday of the Month 6pm Family Life Center, N side

For guild pictures, go to https://claycenterpiotiquequilters.wordpress.com/ (copy and paste into your search area)

Program is a WOW!!!!!

Jan is so fortunate to know a quilter like Elaine Boese from Marysville.  And we are fortunate that Jan decided to share her.   Elaine - Thank you a million times a million for sharing your work and love of miniatures with us.

Miniature does not mean small as Elaine explained to us. A true miniature was when you did the same thing you do while making a full size quilt - only taking every step and tiny sizing it.  Accuracy is even more important as you do not have space to be off even the slightest.  Elaine explained why she likes the ruler shown here - it has clear markings down to either an 8th or a 16th (I forget - sorry)  And we thought it was rough deciding on fabric for a full size quilt, think of what will never be seen when it is miniaturized.  That fabric that you fell in love with at the store because of the flowers/print, etc - in miniature will more likely be just color.

I could rattle on for pages of how many tiny pieces are in each project (like the blue and white to the left - I believe it was over 1,800 pieces) or how intricate even the quilting was, or how once Elaine tries one size - she keeps going down to where she ends upwith a quilt down to the size of a post card - instead, I'll let you just drool over what she brought to share.































What did I tell you - lots of drooling wasn't there?  Even her backs are neater than my full size ones.  Such a wonder.  I for one, will look at all scraps a  heck of a lot different from now on.  Elaine hoped to inspire us all to at least try making a miniature once - after seeing all the possibilities, I just might do that - right after I get my eyes checked out.

Thank you Elaine for a truly magnificient program.

No comments:

Post a Comment