Meetings on the 3rd Monday of the Month 6pm Family Life Center, N side

For guild pictures, go to https://claycenterpiotiquequilters.wordpress.com/ (copy and paste into your search area)

Christmas in July !!!!!!

Teresa was kind enough to send me some information and pictures for the Christmas Tree we are making at the July 15th meeting.

Here is what Teresa said:

************************************
 I will probably be getting the 12” cones but it goes together the same. 

They can bring flathead straight pins if they have some. Just plain old pins. I will buy some of those too. 
They can bring Christmas fabric - 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” squares. For the 12” cone, they will need approximately 127 squares. That number can vary based on your placement but that’s the number the gal on you tube gives! They will also need 3 piece of fabric to cover the bottom - it doesn’t show - 2 1/2” x 7”. 

I will be bringing some Christmas fabric and told members that they could bring some - especially if they had a certain color scheme they wanted to follow. I have picked some up on sale and will have it all cut up and ready to go. 

I will have a list of supplies and instructions at the next meeting. 

Here are pictures of two of the trees I have made. I won’t have toppers but the tree doesn’t HAVE to be topped. Each member can decide what they want on top. 

      
Hope this helps. 

Teresa 
*************************************************

Thank you Teresa - it does help me and I hope others also.  Sounds like fun and maybe the trees can be used at the Christmas Party.

Looking forward to making them.   Be sure to sign up with Teresa so that she has enough cones for everyone.   V

No comments:

Post a Comment